Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dumbest thing on bikes

Originally posted by Junkie View Post
    Didn't you find out that his caliper adapters put them in the wrong place? And wasn't there some issue with the rear wheel kit as well?
    Two different guys. First one is snake while other one does actually play with snakes and is not bad guy, just had some bad customer service.

Comment

4.5in wide rear wheels.

Comment

16 inch tire on CBR900s, Vtec valve train on VFR800, Linked brake systems,
        and the idiot at CCS who allowed Bimota DB5s in LW supserport.....

Comment

Me!

Comment

There's a lot of dumb s*** out there for sure. One thing that always gets me is when I venture up into Pennsylvania and see riders without helmets on. Blows my mind every time. Must look odd to them to see a guy in full gear coming the other way.
            atlantarhinoplastycritic

Comment

funny thing about sv650r (myself being from Arizona and such)... I had no Idea that he was a sv guru. all of those hot-rod parts and he Is slower than spit. we even have a sportbike day at a rather wide and fast kart track In tuscon-I would pass him on the straights on my pocketbike. but Im sure you had a hunch....

Comment

Those spike bar ends or bolt kits or anything spike related on a bike... does a nice job of tugging on your clothing or mauling your ass when you crash em, I'm sure.

The big ass license plate holders that come stock on every bike.

Comment

dave675

Comment

Originally posted by trace33chargers View Post
                    Thought I'd start a thread about the dumb things on bikes from the past. Can be tech related, or just a "what the hell were they thinking"?

I'll lead off.

The 532 chain on early Yamaha R6s. I think that was the only bike ever to use it. What a horrible chain size.
                    Little late on this, but a lot of 90's era yamahas 750 and up used it also. My YZF's stock size is 532.

Comment

16" front wheel on 93-97 CBR900RRs. I have a 97 that I ended up swapping the front out for a 17" CBR600F3 wheel when I hit a pothole that destroyed both rims. And yes, I managed to stay upright as the rear tire almost instantly deflated at 50mph.
                      CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11 | ECK Racing

Comment

Just remembered one I hate on bikes. HD hard saddle bag lids. Who is the dumbass that thought of that latching system? Seen a couple of them come off during rides.

Comment

Originally posted by trace33chargers View Post
                          Thought I'd start a thread about the dumb things on bikes from the past. Can be tech related, or just a "what the hell were they thinking"?

I'll lead off.

The 532 chain on early Yamaha R6s. I think that was the only bike ever to use it. What a horrible chain size.

Stock debilitates of criminal/gsx1400.
                          These bazookas truly yell "discard me for aftermarket"...

Comment

Working...
                          X