• Show
Clear All

• RBoM Race Video

http://lwtracer.com/lightweight-raci...ilsonsamwiest/

Re: RBoM Race Video

Sweet

Comment

How many of the top 10 riders were on smaller than 180 tires? I bet it will suprise people.

Comment

8 of the top 10 were on 160/165.

Myself (6th) and 3rd place were on 180/55 Pirelli's

Every rider in the top 10 was on a 650cc machine.

http://lwtracer.com/roadracing/wera/...s-the-weekend/

Riders in 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th, were on or near SS machines.

Comment

What was the most common 160/165 used? A friend of mine burnt through the last of his UK made Dunlop 165 rears and since switching to the US made Dunlop 165 has not been able to get it to work.

Comment

He's not going to get it to work.

Pirelli is most common and best.

Comment

So is it the Diablo Rosso Corsa in a 160 that people are running and do they run it on the stock rim or is something like a 5.0" Honda F3 rim a better match?

Comment

Rosso is the street tire. Diable SUPER corsa. comes in SC1 and SC2. stock rim or 5.0". I liked it on the 5.0 vs the 4.5 but barely anyone uses it on something other then stock rim.

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I couldn't see a 160 Diablo Super Corsa on the Pirelli page that is why I thought people were using the Rosso.

Comment

Originally posted by swiest152 View Post
                    Rosso is the street tire. Diable SUPER corsa. comes in SC1 and SC2. stock rim or 5.0". I liked it on the 5.0 vs the 4.5 but barely anyone uses it on something other then stock rim.
                    Would you recommend the SC1 over the SC2 up front? Does it depend on outside temp and track conditions?
                    Looking at the site those circle diagrams between hot/cold, smooth & severe confuse me ��

Comment

Depends on track, temperature, bike set up, riding style..... We have track here that SC2 will not stick too, need SC1 to go at fast pace. We have another track that it doesn't matter which you use. They feel the same, at least to me they do.

I hope your track side vendor has the experience to tell you which tire the track you're at likes. SC2 is normally good option no matter what.

Comment

Word, thx for the 411

Comment

Working...
                        X