Jennings GP noise limit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jennings GP noise limit

I'm doing a track weekend at Jennings GP in Florida next month, and they have a strict noise limit of 102db.

Does anyone know the db of an SV with a full Yoshimura system (no db killer installed)? I have also removed the lid to my air box, so there's a bit of extra noise from that as well.

I assume I would be fine with a db killer installed, but I would need to buy one if my bike would fail without it. I also wonder what effect the db killer will have on my engine, i.e., hp loss.

Re: Jennings GP noise limit

102db is very generous... my full m4 blows around 87. you can download a db app on your phone and check it directly behind at idle at 50' even though the meter will be adjacent to the track-just to give you an idea...

Comment

I downloaded an app from iTunes, and got 95 max db revving the engine at 10 ft. With my new db killer, I got 94 max db using the same method. The db killer seems rather useless.

Comment

10'?! I'm sure you did that just to be sure...ive never been to that track but you can count on it being at least 50'...sounds like youre good to go!

Comment

Working...
        X