TWF Racing - Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing Career Redux

Started racing a little in 2003 on an RC51 then bought a 2003 SV650S for the 2004 CCS season. Was never the fastest but won a regional amateur championship mainly because I showed up at every round. Unfortunately in what was supposed to be the second to last race of the season I went off track avoiding a lapper and broke my back. Kept the bike and all the track stuff and rode on the street a little, with the idea I'd go back to the track someday.

Fast forward to 2014 and I went through quite a medical scare - pneumonia, meningitis, and diagnosed with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Was literally hour-by-hour for a while and in a coma for 6 days. When I recovered I bought a 2011 GSXR750 with the idea would be for the street and maybe take the SV back to track, but ended up selling the SV and buying a bunch of parts for the 750. Have been doing track days since 2015 and getting the itch to race again more and more.

The gentleman I sold the SV to in late 2014 was just dipping his toes into trackdays. I told him to let me know if he ever decided to sell it that I may buy it back. I did just that last weekend. He hadn't changed much on the bike other than painting over the number plates and adding a smoke windscreen, so it's already really set up like it was when I was racing. I ran both supersport and superbike so very lightly modded to work under ss rules: M4 slipon, Woodcraft rearsets, Scotts rotary damper, Galfer front ss lines, RaceTech cartridge emulators, and Penske triple clicker. I ran the stock gearing for the entire 2004 season and it's actually still on the bike (still has just around 6k miles on it!).

Anyway, my first plans other than number plates and a clear windscreen are new chain and sprockets, shark fin, brake lever guard, clipons, and PCV/QS. Any other bang-for-the-buck suggestions for a Gen 2? Tank spacers?

SV_01.jpg

Working...
X