TWF Racing - Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed on Race Harness Setup

Hi folks, hoping Zoran or some of you can help me figure out what's not right on my race harness for my 2001 SV650. I bought it race-ready but total loss and I want to make it a charging system. It ran before I changed the harness.

I have used a schematic (attached) that Zoran had indicated should work.
    - I have power to the ignition switch
    - The starter works fine
    - I have power to both coils, but NO SPARK when I check the plugs against the cylinder head

- Am I experiencing the "anti-theft" scenario I've read about?

- I have the 100ohm resistor wired into the ground and the former O/R ignition wire

Any help would be appreciated.

Here are pics of the ECU harness set-up for reference

Comment

Here's the 3 wires coming FROM ECU/Coils/Solenoid to Start/kil switch. The existing wiring at the connection is odd to me. There are a few wires that simply loop to know where. Not sure if this was from an earlier configuration?

Comment

Here are the funky looping wires.

Comment

And here's the solenoid, if it matters. Used the stock harness connector feed, but used the second hot (red) to go to the reg/rec.

Comment

And if it helps, this is the general assortment showing the MOSFET RR I have wired in. It's from a Honda CBR600 F41 (part# SH678C-13)

Comment

I resolved the issue. The resistor was bad. Bike fires instantly with new resistor.

Comment

Working...
              X