This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SV Gen1 Race Harness Diagram

Purpose would be to tell ECU you are in that gear and to change timing.

Comment

hey guys noob question, does this exclude all ignition wires? or do i still need those? cheers a lot

Comment

It is all and bare minimum needed to run bike while having charging system. You can run without stator and regulator/rectifier if you want to run total loss.
        Anything more is optional and you can add to this. It is good to run TPS, at least in wide open position (as mentioned in previous posts).
        Your kill switch becomes ignition switch, it completely bypasses ignition lock.

Comment

thanks for that really appreciate the fast response. can i ask what the blank box is right before the kill/start box?

Comment

It is stock connector from kill switch. It shows which wires to connect to but colors are not that great on that pic.
            Basically we leave kill switch and its connector stock and than splice wires on other side (harness side) of that connector. That way when you crash and damage kill switch you can simply plug in another one without rewiring it all again.

Comment

I know in a previous comment you said for a neutral light you only need the one wire (blue) coming out of the transmission plug.

You also said that the other wires aren't needed.

Question is though what do the other wires do?

I figure the black with white is the common negative wire. But what do the red and green wires do? They go back to the CDI box so I imagine they do something, or is it nothing important enough to keep. Just wondering before I cut them out of the picture.

Comment

They tell CDI what gear you are in. You don't need them.

Comment

Zoran, I have a bike setup with total loss, and no starter circuit (remote starter). I just want to confirm that my attached modified diagram is right?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yea, that should do it.

Comment

Good morning. Getting into the spaghetti..... Above you say use the standard diode. As it in integrated into the solenoid with 7 wires feeding it, which 2 do I use. Sorry if this is a dumb question. Cheers Andrew

Comment

Diode is already in harness, you just leave it alone.

Comment

OK, thanks. I have now found it. Cheers

Comment

Is there still someplace a guy can get the diagram for a 1st gen race harness?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X