This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightweight LifePO4 batteries

I am pretty exited to announce TWF will be selling lightweight batteries (Shorai battery) that use lithium ion technology (will have all info posted on main web site soon). This are little different that what you see around in using prismatic cells instead power tool common cylindrical cells. This batteries are also packaged in same way stock led batteries that come stock on bike. This makes it really nice because there is no messing with wires, connectors, shrink wrap or any of that stuff, it is simple drop in. To make it even sweeter they come with polarity on either side to fit your bikes stock layout. They also come in two physical sizes for each layout, bigger one is 5.83 x 4.13 x 2.60 while smaller one is 4.45 x 3.50 x 2.28. They will come with self sticking foam you can use to fill in space in battery tray if needed where stock battery is huge.
    Another great thing about this batteries is they also come in different capacity sizes, jst like stock ones come from 7ah to 14ah or so this come from 7-18ah for reference.
    And best part about it is weight. This batteries are extremely light, from 1.0lbs for LFX7 to 1.68lbs for biggest LFX18.
    Exact specs for each will be posted on main site.
    And part that is better than best part is price, they sell from $99.95 for LFX7 to $186.95 for LFX18. Compare that to going prices for this technology.
    We even have batteries in 6V for your old pit bike
    Right now I am in middle of testing it. I am trying smallest one on my R1 and we are testing one up in size on street bike. Based on my test I will have recommendation for each application. Obviously we will use smallest and lightest on our race bikes

All info on sizes is here http://www.twfracing.com/shorai.html
    Last edited by zoran; December 23rd, 2010, 01:11 AM.

Here is stock R1 battery which weights 6.8 pounds next to LFX07 that is in R1 right now and weights under 1 pounds.
    You can see difference in size and foam supplied with battery if you want to fill space.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by zoran; December 23rd, 2010, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Just to get idea of size here is one in my hand
      Attached Files

Comment

ummmm, very nice and a good price too. Now I have to wait for my TurnTech to die.

Comment

Originally posted by rotatingmass View Post
          ummmm, very nice and a good price too. Now I have to wait for my TurnTech to die.
          I sold my . Along with bike .

Comment

Nice!

I was thinking about getting the standard size for my bike. ( LFX14A1-BS12) The packaging really sold me. Some guy is selling Mav's battery on svrider for a good price but I might have to pass on that. I was looking at his installation instructions and looks like you have to heat shrink the positive terminal which would totally ruin any chance for quick changes on the fly like running a GPS or heated gear outlet to the battery terminals before a weekend ride.

Maybe we can work out a deal on the calipers, exhaust bracket, and battery?

Comment

You can't beat package, it makes it so easy. This things are real deal, if you have one in hand you just want to keep it there instead putting in bike
              Buy battery and I give you bracket, how is that for deal
              Last edited by zoran; December 18th, 2010, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Looks like Dan my man has it up on main site, all sizing and info is there. http://www.twfracing.com/shorai.html

Comment

Originally posted by zoran View Post
                  You can't beat package, it makes it so easy. This things are real deal, if you have one in hand you just want to keep it there instead putting in bike
                  By battery and I give you bracket, how is that for deal

Just send invoice when ready

Comment

Is that the one you want? make sure you get polarity correct since it is street bike.

Comment

Yes thats the one.

Polarity should be correct because its the one Shorai recommended for the bike.

Comment

Ok, will let you know when all is ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Omari View Post
                          ... I was looking at his installation instructions and looks like you have to heat shrink the positive terminal which would totally ruin any chance for quick changes on the fly
                          I think the standard battery terminals and heavy-duty case are two of the best features - other than the technology itself!
                          And nice that you can actually GET a 14 (equivalent) - the round cell guys are limited to packing in multiples of 4.
                          This product looks amazing - is going to bury the DIY A123 cell guys overnight with this pricing & features

Comment

Originally posted by zoran
                            .... They are available right now and shipping cost is on me. ....
                            And no Sales Tax either for the CA guys, right?

Comment

Correct, no tax outside NV.

Comment

Working...
                              X