Race fuel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race fuel

Hey I am looking into running some VP gas this year but I don't know much about it. I'm looking into u4.4 or t4. I can't afford mr12. I'm just looking to get a few extra hp. Any recommendations? I have a stock motor sv650. Thanks

Re: Race fuel

If you can afford it, use u4.4. It's the standard for a reason. I don't think many people get power from t4, they just get it to get away from ethanol.

Comment

fix your overheating and chatter issues first and some decent gearing might be helpful too.

Comment

yeah I'm working on it haha aside from suspension/tires causing chatter, got any ideas what it might be?

Comment

Is the motor set up for higher compression? If not, race fuel may be a waste of money.
          CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11 | ECK Racing

Comment

It does not matter, some of this race fuels work good without high compression. We use MR12

Comment

Originally posted by zoran View Post
              It does not matter, some of this race fuels work good without high compression. We use MR12
              That stuff is liquid gold!

Comment

$30/gallon for 87 octane fuel? Yikes! (best price I found online was $148/5 gallons.

What are the advantages over something like Sunoco 260 GTX?
                CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11 | ECK Racing

Comment

Originally posted by The Snowman View Post
                  $30/gallon for 87 octane fuel? Yikes! (best price I found online was $148/5 gallons.

260 GTX isn't oxygenated and has a higher octane and contains no lead (no a big deal). Apples to oranges. I think 260 GT is a closer comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by The Snowman View Post

MR12 is designed for superstockish motors with relatively low compression. That 87 is motor octane, not the R+M/2 used with pump gas. MR 12 is probably the highest HP producing fuel commonly found. I dyno tested it back to back with U4.4 and VPR and it beat both of them across the RPM range. 1.5 hp gain over u4.4
                    Don't get sucked into the octane number. Higher octane does not mean more power..

Comment

What VP fuel would you guys use if you canít get MR12?
                      There are plenty of different VP fuels available where I live, just not MR12.

Thanks,
                      Sherm

Comment

Probably U4.4

Comment

Working...
                        X