This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pair block off pin install

This is on 03+ right? Your not talking about the Crank case breather hoses are you?

Comment

Right, 03 and up. For 1st gen I usually just cut pipe at flange and weld flange close. Or make little aluminum plates.

Comment

on 1st Gen can I just plug the hoses, or I must remove the hoses and install plates? what about air box just leave the hole alone

Comment

You can plug hoses or install plates, up to you. Plug airbox as well.

Comment

so when u plug these were is the vapors going go?

Comment

I was looking at my heads on my 1st gen and its not there, i do have the tubes going to the air box but they are not in front of the heads under the exhaust headers. i cant see where the hoses are going.
              Mine looks like TOLAROS picture of the heads. its been sealed off, but I have the hoses going to the box. will post picture soon.

Comment

Pins are for 2nd gen.
                Not all 1st gen have pair. 2 hoses on left side of air box are crankcase vent and you need those.

Comment

yes i see those hoses, but i cannot locate were they go, i saw the image on page 1 here for the 1st gen, and looked on my front head and mine is like his blocked off. but i have the hoses connected to the air box. what will we actually gain from blocking off? i want to remove my box and install velocity stacks. thats why i am trying to remove them.
                  cheers,

Comment

You don't have pair system.
                    Your vent hoses plug in to small box that is attached to air box with 2 screws. Take that small box and leave it there if you remove air box.

Comment

yes thats what it is. got it. im still working on putting together velocity stacks. need to figure out what kind of jets need to run once i run velocity stacks. or can i keep same one in it just mess w air/fuel screw? my setup is 17.5-152 3.5 turns out 2 shims on needle. right now im running perfect air fuel all across the powerband. im just looking for little more top end i guess.

Comment

so when we block these off, were does the vapors go? isnt bad for motor? they were installed for a reason right? im just trying to figure it out if i block them what would happen to the vapor coming out? would it cause more heat in cylinders?

Comment

There is no vapor there, it is fresh air that is routed in to exhaust port. You are eliminating that.
                          Vapors come out of the crank case vent holes, two hoses going to air box.

Comment

What's the factor of disposing of the solenoid? prime minister complaint cell It can't check any extraordinary ounces. I left mine in and verified the opening to the airbox with a flexible best that touched base with the pack from TPO.
                            Last edited by LyndonWynn; 20 hours ago.

Comment

Working...
                            X