1st gen engine parts on 2nd gen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st gen engine parts on 2nd gen

I forgot I had a set of 1st gen cylinders ands valve covers.

Anything need to be done to the cylinders outside of normal machine work to make them work?

Valve covers I figured out I need to tap a hole and plug it.
    Last edited by BrianC; July 4th, 2017, 07:40 PM.

Cylinders are good to go. If you using 2nd gen heads and 1st gen covers you need to plug head.

Comment

Z - can I tap and plug the holes in the 1st gen cylinders that are solid castings on the 2nd gen cylinders. (Looks to be where oil cooler bolts to). Same for the pipe coming out of the front cylinder where the cam chain is?

Comment

You will have to post pictures, not sure what you talking about.
        No oil cooler lines go to cylinders. There are 2 studs and hole where pair pipe bolts on 1st gen CA model cylinders. That just needs plate over it or plug hole.
        Pipe out of front cylinder is crankcase vent, you need that.

Comment

The PAIR needs blocking in the top of the head. I put 1st gen covers on mine when I put a 1st gen radiator on. Gave a little bit more room for a fan, and a nicer look than PAIR blockoff plates.

Comment

The PAIR needs plugged in the top of the head. I put 1st gen covers on mine when I put a 1st gen radiator on. Gave a little bit more room for a fan, and a nicer look than PAIR blockoff plates.

Comment

bighammer, do you have some photos? planning doing the same. can you help in the process, if you don't mind? thanks

Comment

Working...
              X