Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighter flywheel

Greetings from Romania.

I have a question, I have seen the lightened rotor-flywheel-starter clutch Sloniu did with the stock magnets in place. I am looking to do the same thing. Just wondering if it's ok for a street bike. The rotor part I see he has done like everybody else that has done lighter street rotors but his starter clutch is different. Do you guys think there are any problems with that when it comes to longevity and reliability. I would prefer to do his method of the starter clutch because it would be very easy for me on the lathe and it wouldn't be a headache like trying to set everything up perfectly on a CNC etc. like in the second picture. Plus, I have easy access to lathe not so easy/cheap on the CNC. And anotherthing, is it hard to balance? Also i would put a more evident radius where the transition between the machined portion of the clutch sprag is and the stock portion.

Thanks,
    Valentin

It should be fine. Personally I like to cut it on angle and maybe couple steps so there is plenty metal left. I cut about half of it.
    There is no really need to go extreme for street bike.

Comment

Originally posted by zoran View Post
      It should be fine. Personally I like to cut it on angle and maybe couple steps so there is plenty metal left. I cut about half of it.
      There is no really need to go extreme for street bike.
      Thanks again Zoran. Do you mean something in this direction ?
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, that is probably one I did.

Comment

Originally posted by zoran View Post
          Yes, that is probably one I did.
          )))) There are a lot of pics with stuff you did on the net. I'm not surprised the most interesting method I found was one of yours. It was on a page called
          LWT RACER or something similar.
          One other question please, do you remember how much thickness you take off the exterior wall of the rotor? I know it should be something like 240 in grams or something like that.

Comment

Not sure in grams but about half of thickness.

Comment

Working...
            X