'05 SV650 Stalling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '05 SV650 Stalling

My '05 SV650 stalls out on me from time to time.

It doesn't do it all the time, but it is extremely frustrating when it does happen.

Basically the bike will just die unless I have the throttle open at least a little. It won't idle at all and will even die in the short time I have the clutch pulled in between gear changes.

I've found that turning the key off then back on will usually fix the problem, sometimes it takes a few tries though, which makes me think it is something electrical.

I think it's not dropping a cylinder because it seems to run fine in the higher rpms.

Also, this does not seem to be weather or temperature dependent, it can happen when I first start up the bike or when I've been riding for a while too.

Does anyone have ANY idea what might be wrong?

What rpm's you have idle set at?

Comment

around 1300-1400 when it's running right, when it's not running right if it idles at all it is usually right around 1000.

Comment

I would say tb's are to small

Comment

I seriously would pay you to bore them out if it would fix my problem.

I guess nobody else has run into this?

Comment

set TPS and sync TBs. error codes on dashboard?

Comment

Originally posted by macop1104 View Post
              set TPS and sync TBs. error codes on dashboard?
              I did both of those.

No error codes.

My suspicion is that I have a bad TPS.

Comment

Valve clearances ok?
                Probably fuel delivery problem, sensors, pump...

Comment

Originally posted by zoran View Post
                  Valve clearances ok?
                  Probably fuel delivery problem, sensors, pump...
                  I checked the valve clearances about 3,000 miles ago and they were all within spec.

I put a new fuel filter on it then as well.

I ran some fuel injector cleaner through the bike and that seemed to help, but it may have just been psychological. I'm going to try another bottle pretty soon.

Comment

I had similar issues for a while. It turned out the clutch was going bad on me. I know I ain't an expert on it but try adjusting clutch to see if it is off
                    2005 Sv650s with 05 gsxr 750 front, 1k rear shock, 05 R1 swingarm, 05 750 rear wheel. Busa pistons, quad intake cam mod, pair delete. In the fastest color YELLOW

Comment

Fuel problems,bad connections in eg side-stand, tip-over and clutch switches.

My R1 devil-bike did something like this, including the key on-off routine. It turned out to be a bad wiring harness, corrosion in the various junctions of the ground return. Went right through it and soldered all of them, fixed. PITA to do, however, so try everything else first...

Comment

Originally posted by dream36realms View Post
                        I had similar issues for a while. It turned out the clutch was going bad on me. I know I ain't an expert on it but try adjusting clutch to see if it is off
                        There's no way for me to adjust the clutch. It is hydraulic.

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
                        Fuel problems,bad connections in eg side-stand, tip-over and clutch switches.

My R1 devil-bike did something like this, including the key on-off routine. It turned out to be a bad wiring harness, corrosion in the various junctions of the ground return. Went right through it and soldered all of them, fixed. PITA to do, however, so try everything else first...
                        Could be a grounding thing. I sure hope not.

I think the most frustrating thing is that it doesn't do it every time. So even if I rip everything apart I wouldn't be able to say for sure I fixed it.

Comment

Re: '05 SV650 Stalling

Ok, first of all, ZOMBIE THREAD...

Anyway, I just wanted to post and say that I replaced the TPS sensor and my problem seems to have gone away.

I just figured I would post up here in case anyone else is having the same problem.

Comment

Re: '05 SV650 Stalling

I remember a leading Suzuki team in the World Endurance Champs having a tps problem in a race once... happens to the best

Comment

Working...
                            X