TWF Racing - Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SV 650 Devil Racer High Mount slip on

Wondering if anyone might have the install instructions for the Devil High Mount exhaust for an SV 650. More importantly I am looking for how far from the weld does the can need to be cut off. I picked up the exhaust for free so I can use it on an SV build but am having a few small fitment issues. Any help is appreciated.

I think I might have something for you. According to a safe korean toto site, a slip-on is generally less expensive and easy to install. To install the exhaust, you will have to cut your mid-pipe (using a hacksaw, sawzall/reciprocating saw, angle grinder, plasma torch, jaws-of-life if you're nimble, you get the picture...). It's a very easy procedure to do and requires minimal tools. Slip-ons will give you a louder and deeper sound to your bike and a nice look, but rarely do they net a power increase, and if they do, you won't be able to tell. In general, a slip-on will not require you to remap/rejet your bike's fuel injection mapping or carburetor jetting. For first-generation bikes, rejetting the carbs can clean up some flat spots in the factory lean jetting, so it is generally a good idea to do when installing a slip-on. This modification is best suited for street riders. I can give you more instructions if you want. Hit me up!

Comment

Working...
    X