X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GSXR Rear Rim

I see.
    Are 1st gen frames symmetrical?

If they are,I can measure width of swingarm between the bosses and divide by 2.Centre of wheel should be there.

Comment

No, you can't do that way.

Comment

I was afraid of that answer...
        Well,I guess I'll have to see if front and rear wheels are inline and coplanar.
        I just hoped that the ultra rigid,super perfect,absolutely symmetrical 1st gen SV frame would provide a reference point wihtout having to go into too much hassle.
        So strings and fishing rod weights will come out of the box.

Comment

On the second gen, I think the outside of the frame is symmetric. Might also be for Gen 1. Then you could measure the frame inside to outside on the LHS and work out from there...

Comment

I know this is an ancient thread but figured I'd bump it anyway.

Does anyone have measurements for where things go on 01-05 600/750 rear wheel (aka SV1000 rear wheel), including width of total assembly (spacer, wheel, carrier, spacer)? I'm working on fitting a Carrozzeria that I picked up cheap onto my SV1000 but I'm not sure what it's from. Don't have measuring tools with me at the moment beyond cheap tape measure, but total width I measure with crappy tape measure is 8 15/16". I believe it's early 00s GSXR, as the front wheel that came with it has 5 bolt pattern that I believe matches that, but I don't know whether the rear is for 600/750 or 1000. It's 6" but that was available for both.

thanks for any help. the TWF reworked forks/Penske triple are working great but I can't stop adding more bling.

Comment

I don't have measurements for rear but you could simply try it and see if it fits your swingarm.
              Front you can tell year by spacing in between rotors. Check chart in sticky thread. SRAD gen was little wider than 01-05.

Comment

Working...
              X