Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zoran
    replied
    I don't have measurements for rear but you could simply try it and see if it fits your swingarm.
    Front you can tell year by spacing in between rotors. Check chart in sticky thread. SRAD gen was little wider than 01-05.

Leave a comment:

• Junkie
    replied
    I know this is an ancient thread but figured I'd bump it anyway.

Does anyone have measurements for where things go on 01-05 600/750 rear wheel (aka SV1000 rear wheel), including width of total assembly (spacer, wheel, carrier, spacer)? I'm working on fitting a Carrozzeria that I picked up cheap onto my SV1000 but I'm not sure what it's from. Don't have measuring tools with me at the moment beyond cheap tape measure, but total width I measure with crappy tape measure is 8 15/16". I believe it's early 00s GSXR, as the front wheel that came with it has 5 bolt pattern that I believe matches that, but I don't know whether the rear is for 600/750 or 1000. It's 6" but that was available for both.

thanks for any help. the TWF reworked forks/Penske triple are working great but I can't stop adding more bling.

Leave a comment:

• GrahamB
    replied
    Re: GSXR Rear Rim

On the second gen, I think the outside of the frame is symmetric. Might also be for Gen 1. Then you could measure the frame inside to outside on the LHS and work out from there...

Leave a comment:

• TOLAROS
    replied

I was afraid of that answer...
    Well,I guess I'll have to see if front and rear wheels are inline and coplanar.
    I just hoped that the ultra rigid,super perfect,absolutely symmetrical 1st gen SV frame would provide a reference point wihtout having to go into too much hassle.
    So strings and fishing rod weights will come out of the box.

Leave a comment:

• zoran
    replied

No, you can't do that way.

Leave a comment:

• TOLAROS
    replied

I see.
    Are 1st gen frames symmetrical?

If they are,I can measure width of swingarm between the bosses and divide by 2.Centre of wheel should be there.

Leave a comment:

• zoran
    replied

No, sorry. Only for 2nd gen.

Leave a comment:

• TOLAROS
    replied

Originally posted by zoran View Post
    This is distance I was talking about.
    Do you happen to have written down somewhere the same distance(inner side of right hand frame boss to where the wheel center should be)for 1st gen?
    Just to verify that my jmc is 100% correct.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• swiest152
    replied
    1st gen used 240mm rotor, gsxr comes with 220mm as does 2nd gen sv.

Leave a comment:

• etemplet
    replied
    How come I have to change the brake rotor on the 2007 GSXR rim I mounted to the rear of the 2002 SV. I looks like it works to me. Thanks for any help.

Leave a comment:

• etemplet
    replied
    Leave suspension alone and ride it first.
    Pirelli
    I got nuthin agains Pirelli.

Leave a comment:

• zoran
    replied
    Leave suspension alone and ride it first.
    Pirelli

Leave a comment:

• etemplet
    replied
    Rider is what causes high sides
    Z, what do I need to do with the suspension now that I have the front and rear GSXR set up? I have the forks flush in the triples (2007 forks and triples). What rear ride height should I start with? Tire suggestions as well. I'm running Dunlops on my R6.

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• zoran
    replied
    Rider is what causes high sides

Leave a comment:

• etemplet
    replied
    I'm in the center. I measured off the stock rim set up and put the GSXR rear on the money. I just made the last spacer. All captive. Now a fellow racer is telling me the GSXR wide rear causes high sides. We'll see. I just wanted my rims to match and have some tire choices. I asked Z about it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X