This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 and newer gsxr 600/750 wheel on sv

Tonight I went in garage and messed with gsxr wheel. I made spacers to mount it on 1st gen bike. I did measure this long time ago and knew what it needs but today I actually made spacers and fitted wheel to see how it all works.
    It is actually not bad and not hard. Only thing I don't like is that there is no much room to get wheel in, it is tight fit. Everything is aligned but carrier needs machining. You can only safely cut 3mm out of it so front sprocket needs to be flipped or spaced if it does not have shoulder. That will give you another 3mm so you only short 1mm for perfect alignment. You can cheat 1/2mm by moving whole wheel to the right side.
    Tomorrow I will mess with 2nd gen.

And here is second gen sv. Pretty much same deal except for length of spacers
    Attached Files
    Last edited by zoran; December 19th, 2013, 10:21 AM.

I moved this from other thread to keep it specific info for this swap.

Comment

Today I did another option with this wheel for 1st gen sv. I mounted ducati 999 caliper and bracket. This is cleaner look and lets you get rid of caliper arm running under swingarm. It does require drilling hole in swingarm to bolt pin for bracket. Here are couple pictures what this set up looks like and where hole should be drilled (17mm from top of swingarm and 73mm from hole for axle is center for pin). We did run this set up before but with different application. Now I did it for gsxr wheel. All this kits are available through main web site under parts.
      http://twfracing.com/zparts.html
      Attached Files
      Last edited by zoran; January 24th, 2010, 05:21 PM.

Comment

When gsxr wheel is mounted on 1st gen sv stock 240mm sv rotor should be used. Same stock rotor should be used with ducati caliper.
        For 2nd gen sv either gsxr stock rotor or sv stock rotor can be used.
        I can also make ducati set up for 2nd gen sv but it would require cutting off stock caliper bracket locator and than drilling for pin. If somebody wants to go this direction I will make kit.

Comment

Ducati 999 caliper on the First Gen SV with GSXR wheel conversion
          http://www.twfracing.com/images/zpar...atiCaliper.jpg

Comment

Hey is the ID of the caliper mount axle hole the same as The OD of SV 1st gen axle? mm? Thanks 100%

Comment

No. Which is good thing, I can make spacer and press it in bracket.

Comment

Here you can see my old 999 bracket with spacer pressed in.

(ignore all the other spacers in picture)

Comment

Almost running out of fingers there
                  And you can mount speedo on bracket, for those with gsxr fronts.

Comment

Why did you put the pin toward the top of the 'arm? Any particular reason?

Comment

That is where it falls best, ducati has it on weird angle, not inline with axle.

Comment

Ok I have to ask... how much to make spacer/mill Ducati bracket if I already have the wheel kit from *meek voice* Louis?

Comment

It is on main page and link Dan posted above, $40 for extra spacer and pin.
                          I need to change that wording, it is $150 for stock and $190 using ducati set up.
                          In your case you need to shorten right wheel spacer. If you give me your spacer I do it for you free. If not I would have to make you new one.

Comment

Spacer will probaly go home with you then. I will let you know.

Comment

Damn this is getting closer and closer to bolt on swap. You're gonna cost me even more money Z
                              You don't date Zoran. You fight over scraps of his love and acceptance in broken English.

Comment

Working...
                              X