TWF Racing - Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended Fork Cap for '06 GSXR

Forgive me for asking the same thing a million others have asked, but I want to make sure I didn't just waste a bunch of money.

Here is my prospective geometry setup (street/traffic riding). I want the bike to handle as close to stock as possible:

'06 ZX10R Rear Shock - 338mm
    '06 GSXR 600 front - 735mm extended

I see a lot of people riding with stabilizers, but I'd rather correct any twitchyness via geometry. I purchased a pair of 20mm Traxxion fork caps to extend to 750mm. With the 338mm rear shock I think it will comparable at least. Are the 20mm fork extenders overkill?

I know this is subjective, but if you have the time to render and opinion I'd appreciate it.

We don't use them on race bikes but since you already have them put it on and try. It gives you option to go higher and you can always lower it if you don't like it.
    That shock will probably be your weak link.

Comment

Originally posted by zoran View Post
      We don't use them on race bikes but since you already have them put it on and try. It gives you option to go higher and you can always lower it if you don't like it.
      That shock will probably be your weak link.
      Zoran,

Don't use extenders on race bikes because more length is unnecessary for SV or because of a possible functional compromise? Same fork and extender in another kind of chassis like vintage racebike should be fine?

Thanks

Comment

We did not need more length and why we don't use them. Some people like fronts higher and extended fork caps are good option.

Comment

Working...
        X