This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, stupid question time --

What is easiest way to bevel the brake pads if I can't get the Galfer oversized rotor?
    You don't date Zoran. You fight over scraps of his love and acceptance in broken English.

Comment

grinder. I have Galfer rotor if you need one.

Comment

I need one but wallet says no right now -- I also need a tire, stainless brake lines and pads for the front and can't afford all of it right now
        You don't date Zoran. You fight over scraps of his love and acceptance in broken English.

Comment

I used a grinder as well, it was super easy. I was also told it wasn't an issue on street bikes like it is on race bikes. Additionally some of us change rear with front and by the time the front are worn the rear are at the point where you would have the excess.
          2005 Sv650s with 05 gsxr 750 front, 1k rear shock, 05 R1 swingarm, 05 750 rear wheel. Busa pistons, quad intake cam mod, pair delete. In the fastest color YELLOW

Comment

Take your brake pads outside onto your neighbors part of the sidewalk. Hold the pad on the opposite side that you want to bevel. Rub back & forth vigorously on sidewalk. Whala beveled pad with no tools required. Concrete works better than asphalt so don't go into street, plus you could be hit by a car!

Comment

spacer not captive to bearing

Hi Z,
              this is a picture of a F3 wheel and your kit along with sv axle.
              my problem is that your instructions tell that spacer on the left side is captive to bearing, but it won't happen on mine.Can u tell why?Am i doing something wrong?
              Thanks

Comment

the long spacer should be inside the wheel between the bearings

Comment

the one on the rotor side?and wahat about the other?

Comment

Originally posted by rinals View Post
                    and wahat about the other?

its captive to the bearing on the cushdrive bearing i believe

Comment

I missed this thread, must have been drunk for holidays.
                      Both left and right spacers are captive to bearings but you looking at wrong left side. It is on outside of sprocket carrier not wheel itself. Spacer between carrier and left side of wheel is already pressed in to carrier bearing by Honda.
                      From left to right - my spacer - carrier bearing - honda spacer - my left wheel bearing - my inner wheel spacer - stock honda bearing - my spacer - caliper bracket.

Comment

Got it!
                        As usual,thank for you help Z, you are great,and even a jerk like me can do things with your help!
                        Thank you very much!

Comment

You have to supplant the duplicate glass. Oh dear, I don't feel which you can get the substitution constituents from F3 rim. Even The mirrors of F3is an immediately swap, however needn't bother with the equivalent issues.

Comment

Working...
                          X