TWF Racing - Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha FZ07

AFM rules commitee got back from year long vacation and fz is now legal for class. Aaron wanted another bike so we drove down to local dealer and bought 2016 FZ07.
    I went down last week to pick it up, backed my truck in and we loaded bike in. I was fun to listen to kid who pulled bike out of the service for 5 minutes about location of battery, vin number, oil window... etc.
    I unloaded bike at me house, parked in driveway and took picture for records, it will never look like this again
    Attached Files

Re: Yamaha FZ07

Yesterday I put bike on the lift (still 0 miles on it) and started tearing it apart. All plastics and lights come of easy, so far easy to work on it and pretty simple.
    Gas tank is under the cover and if I was few days early I could have used tank to cook Turkey in it, looks like two pots welded together
    Attached Files

Comment

This bike has no tabs for spools so I had to figure out what to do with rear stand. I don't like those simple pad stands because bike can slide on them. I had old stand that I modified and home made hooks for it I used on my gsxr when we did endurance race. I drilled couple holes on bottom of the swing arm and bolted this hooks to it. Stand has pins welded and this pins fit in the hooks. It keeps bike solid and very clean around, no stand ears sticking out. Next step will be to modify Woodcraft stand since I don't like handle on this one, I always trip over it.
      Attached Files

Comment

Next on the list was chain adjusters on end of the swingarm. This things fall out soonest you take axle out so I had to fix that. I drilled little hole through the swingarm and end plate, than I threaded plate hole and screwed plate to the swingarm. To keep adjuster bolt from sliding back I put internal spring around the bolt and in between plate and axle guide.
        Attached Files

Comment

Come tomorrow I think I will own a 2015...

Comment

Replaced new tire with race take off and wheel was ready to go back in. Before I put wheel back I made captive spacers for it, no need to deal with stock spacers falling out.
            Two of them are captive to carrier and press fit in to each other. On the right side I replaced bearing with oversize one and made spacer captive to bearing. Also had to make new inner wheel spacer. All stock spacers are steel so it will save some weight as well. This kit is now available for purchase as well, i will list it on main site.
            When I had tire off I also put complete wheel with all stock spacers and sprocket on scale, it is 19#. Not bad for stock wheel.
            Attached Files

Comment

That was it for today. Tomorrow I have to figure out where I want Penske reservoir mounted and get shock on order. And make list for other parts I need to order.
              Will also take forks off and apart so I can make cartridges for them. Than it is waiting for parts to start showing up.

Comment

Fancy

Comment

woohooo

Comment

I am looking forward to seeing how this build turns out. Please keep posting updates!

Comment

When are you going to tear into the engine?

Comment

It will be production bike, not much allowed. Everything but engine is priority now.

Comment

Working on captive spacer for front wheel? What is bodywork/seat rule? Can clip-ons be used?

Comment

Today I played with shock and rear suspension. Mounted shock without spring on it and measured travel, linkage ratio and link characteristics.
                            Also checked swing arm angle and spring rate. Got all info I need to order shock.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by #1 tuner View Post
                              Working on captive spacer for front wheel? What is bodywork/seat rule? Can clip-ons be used?
                              Not yet. Next step will be forks and front wheel.
                              Since bike does not have body it should be same as sv, whatever you can fit. Clipons are legal, so is different throttle housing/cables. Motion Pro has measurements for stock length so when I get clipons I will have to figure what length we will use and have throttle made. All of that will depend on bodywork we end up using. Problem is no body out there other than Andy's set up. May go that route but I would rather have something more common, like another Yamaha body. It will depend on timing, march will come fast
                              We are sponsored by Woodcraft and they will be looking in to bodywork so hopefully they come with something soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X