TWF Racing - Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race report

With the help of some of you on this board, I put together an 02 SV650 race bike. In May, we had are first round, which was my first race weekend ever. In our qualifying race on Saturday, I crashed which meant I started dead last in the Sunday finals. I also finished dead last

Well this past weekend was round 2. With one weekend under my belt, I was more prepared with what to expect. We entered the endurance race on Saturday on my friends F3 and manage to put it on top of the box in the GTU class! The Endurance race was a lemans start, which was too cool! If you haven't entered a race with a lemans start...you should! Here's some endurance shots:

(this shot is me riding)

Right after the endurance race I was scheduled to race in the qualifier for the middleweight battle of the twins. I decided to take a pass on the qualifier as I was pretty spent after running the 3 hour race. So once again I was forced to start at the back of the grid. I must have had a confidence thing going on, cause I shaved approx 4 seconds off my lap times from round 1 and managed to claw my way from my last place start to finish a respectable 3rd place. from 3rd - 6th place we had an amazing battle that lasted about 6 laps before everyone sorted themselves out in their positions. I managed to make a move for second in the last corner, but couldn't make the pass stick down the back straight. Here's a few shots of my sprint race:

Can't wait til round 3!!

Re: Race report

sounds like you having fun
    where is this place?

Comment

www.soaracing.ca

Right now SOAR is based out of one track in Southern Ontario (Canada) (hopefully one or 2 more rounds at other tracks added next season). Toronto Motorsports park, otherwise known as TMP or Cayuga. Here's a link to their site: http://torontomotorsportspark.com/

I have spent the last year helping my friend get this series off the ground and figured while I'm there, I might as well play. I have only ridden street until late last year when I picked up an SV650 and slowly converted it to a race bike.

Comment

Congrats on the podium. I''m out here in Vancouver and just picked up a 2000 SV 650 for a race bike.I'm going to run it for the first time at Mission this September.It's my first foray into road racing as well.
        Hopefully by next year i can make a run in the SV cup series.
        I've been running a motarded Husky SMR and my trusty old monster XR680R for a couple of years in the local motard series.
        I've discovered that racing motards is for young bucks.Now that i've turned 47 I'm getting too old for it.Way too much banging bars and binning going on for my old body to recover these days. :lol:

Comment

Sounds like a great weekend ( minus the crash )

Comment

Working...
          X