TWF Racing - Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring TPS Wide Open

Looking for guidance, or instructions on the procedure for wiring the TPS wide open. As a newbie to the SV, I've been trying to research this technique but have not found info yet that explains the procedure. Any advice, steps would be greatly appreciated.

If my memory serves (I've never done this myself), it involves taking the TPS sensor, plugging it into the harness, turning it to the WOT position and then securing it in this position somehow. There is not a whole lot of "wiring" to the procedure.

Comment

So, remove TPS from carb, turn it wide open and secure it?

Comment

Think I just answered my ?. TPS unit stays with harness not carb. Is WO clockwise or counter clockwise, looking at white plastic part?

Comment

Originally posted by Tzrcr View Post
          Think I just answered my ?. TPS unit stays with harness not carb.
          Yep

Originally posted by Tzrcr View Post
          Is WO clockwise or counter clockwise, looking at white plastic part?
          Not sure. You can wait till Z jumps in, or just manually open the carb and see what way the sensor would normally turn.

Are you still running stock carbs or flatslides?

Comment

For reference, here are some other topics that mention the TPS sensor.

http://twfracing.com/vbforums/forum/...d-fi/38043-tps

http://twfracing.com/vbforums/forum/...arness-diagram

Comment

Thanks Redleader I did some investigating this afternoon. The bike has flat slides, and no TPS, currently total loss ign. I checked the stock carbs and the TPS was there. They snipped the wires right at the unit but I think there’s just enough to solder leads to them. I checked resistance with a meter and it was good from .5 through 5.5 as I turned the white part clockwise so it should be good. I’m in the process of making it a charging system vs total loss. Still sorting and learning the bike. Thanks again for the help!

Comment

Working...
              X