TWF Racing - Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion Pro Clutch Cable and Revolver Kit

Anyone have experience with the 04-0260 MP clutch cable? With the stock routing it is about 3-4 inches long (visual estimation). It was listed as fitting an S. Am I doing something wrong? Should I try to bend the elbow straight and go through the right side of the frame and cross back through the frame?

Or just get a new cable?

Also, with a Revolver, do you orientate the housing with cables on top or bottom? I haven't really messed with that yet.

Re: Motion Pro Clutch Cable and Revolver Kit

You can't bend elbow, you will ruin it, get cable without it.
    On the top.

Comment

I think you have a clutch cable for the N model. Go to the MP website and check the part number.
      Most of the MP clutch cables sold on eBay by redistributors are the longer N version even if they claim it fits the S model.
      You may want to order directly from MP or better yet replace it with the cable offered by TWF which reroutes the cable and eliminates the elbow at the perch.

Comment

04-0260 Clutch Cable is a stock replacement for the S Model 2003-2009.

If you have an S Model, the Revolver will follow the stock routing.
        http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/01-2731

That clutch cable that goes through the engine "v" is awesome, and is desined by Zoran for an S Model as well. Hail to Zoran!!!
        http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/04-0270
        Last edited by Corey; September 14th, 2015, 12:44 PM.
        Corey Clough
        AFM #44
        Motion Pro, TWF Racing (of course), K&N, Galfer, CRS Tuning, CT Racing Pirelli, Dynojet, Racer Gloves USA, TWELV51 Racing, Race Image Graphics, Fastline Cycles, Cometic, Wiseco (because Bob DiFranco is such a nice guy).

If you have to say, "You know what I'm sayin'?" after everything you say, then I really don't know what you are saying.

sigpic

Comment

I've got Zoran's clutch cable, but my mechanic routed it through the left side (stock routing), so I need to re-route it.

Starting from the engine, after going through the V in the engne, does it pass through the right side of the frame, or outside the frame?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Along the frame but inside of it.

Comment

I'm using the largest reel but would like an even shorter turn. Anyone know of a way to do this?

Comment

There isn't a larger reel than the #50.
                Corey Clough
                AFM #44
                Motion Pro, TWF Racing (of course), K&N, Galfer, CRS Tuning, CT Racing Pirelli, Dynojet, Racer Gloves USA, TWELV51 Racing, Race Image Graphics, Fastline Cycles, Cometic, Wiseco (because Bob DiFranco is such a nice guy).

If you have to say, "You know what I'm sayin'?" after everything you say, then I really don't know what you are saying.

sigpic

Comment

What about variable/progressive or whatever is called?

Comment

Zoran, are those names of other companies that make a throttle kit? I was hoping you had Macgyvered something for someone else who also has a lazy right hand

Comment

No, we use Motion Pro. They had progressive reel. Not sure if it is actually shorter throw. Corey will know, he works there

Comment

Maybe I need to find someone who can CNC or 3D print me a larger one.........assuming it will still fit inside my Motion Pro housing.

Comment

New Rev2 comes with the Progressive Street Reel. That is the one I use.
                          http://www.motionpro.com/featured/rev2_throttle

Rev2 Street Cam Reel

• Cam Profile for the Rev2 Street/Race Throttle Kit
                          • Bright orange color for easy identification
                          • Progressive cam profile acts like a small diameter reel at low throttle openings, and a more aggressive large reel at openings beyond 40-50%.
                          • Sensitive control for small throttle openings for best feel, more aggressive at large openings for faster acceleration.
                          • Advantage for both the expert rider looking for the best feel at the limit, and the less experienced rider, who needs a softer feel at low throttle openings for smoother control
                          • Included with every Rev2 Street Throttle Kit.
                          Last edited by Corey; October 27th, 2015, 08:37 AM.
                          Corey Clough
                          AFM #44

sigpic

Comment

Is dirt bike one faster? Gray vs orange

Comment

You want shorter then the #50? It is like light switch, people who ride my bikes hate it

Comment

Working...
                              X