This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch cable, no metal ellbow

Here is how clutch cable http://twfracing.com/images/zparts/cable%20003bg.jpg is routed.
    First attach cable on engine side. From there route it under carbs/tb's to right side. Go forward along inside of the frame and out through hole between frame rails and steering head. On 1st gen this is between frame and water overflow bottle. From here just turn left and connect cable to clutch perch/lever.
    Attached Files

The major advantage over the elbow version? Easier pull because of fewer tight bends?

BTW, I'm looking for a short clutch lever. Will a typical dirt-bike clutch lever fit the SV perch?

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
      The major advantage over the elbow version? Easier pull because of fewer tight bends?
      Feels like butter,no comparison to stock.Also easier to lube properly.
      Now about routing there's no other logical way to route it,even if you haven't seen this thread.

Comment

BTW, I'm looking for a short clutch lever. Will a typical dirt-bike clutch lever fit the SV perch?
        No, it was not for easier pull. It was for metal elbow hitting fairing bracket and breaking cable adjuster. We run all kind fairings and brackets on race bikes and it was just getting in the way. It was worst with naked version cable.
        Yes, dirt bike perch/lever will work, you just make sure adjuster has hole big enough for sv cable. Some of them are really small and cable would not fit through it.

Comment

Ok, makes sense: I swapped to the S-cable and put a tighter bend into the elbow to clear my headlight/instrument bracket (mine mounts to the frame like a fairing bracket). PITA to do.

I'm using the mirror mount on the stock clutch perch, so the perch has to stay. The only short dirt-bike levers I've seen on ebay recently have been for Yamahas, so I was wondering if they fit into the stock perch...

Comment

Hi,
            Is this clutch cable OK for 2nd Gen ?
            thank you

Comment

Yes, it is same for both gen.

Comment

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but do the cables fit N models as well? I'm asking because I assume the higher handlebar setup adds space and therefore length.

Comment

Probably not, never tried.

Comment

I managed to make a stock S line fit a Spiegler kit with GSXR forks. Doesn't mean anything for sure though.

Comment

I thought the point of the cable was that it was better if you're using clip-ons? If you have an N with standard bars the stock cable is fine; if you have an N with clip-ons (like mine) then Zoran's cable works

Comment

If you have an N with standard bars the stock cable is fine..
                        The N's still have a metal sleeve with a sharp bend. I've never liked the feel of the clutch on the SV.

Comment

Originally posted by pearsonm View Post
                          The N's still have a metal sleeve with a sharp bend. I've never liked the feel of the clutch on the SV.
                          It's a little strange, but I didn't notice any change when I swapped the cable...

Comment

It's a little strange, but I didn't notice any change when I swapped the cable...
                            I used to have a YZF600R that had the same type of clutch assembly housed in the sprocket cover. It had the same crunchy feel halfway through travel.

Comment

They do tend to accumulate grit in the mechanism...

Comment

Working...
                              X