X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: clutch cable, no metal ellbow

Originally posted by TOLAROS View Post
    Now,the crucial part,Point5.I routed it between the metal bracket bolted to the frame,where the stock fairing bolts as well.It touches of course but it doesnt move of rub,so it would be ok I suppoose,right?
    You guys route it there also?
    See Point5,Point5 side view and Point5 top view:
    You could go under the bracket.

Comment

I put it between bottle and frame and follow lower frame rail, than under thermostat.

Comment

Update:it's impossible to use SRAD750 triples and clipons with 25mm rise and still route it as Z suggests(under thermostat and follow lower frame rail),you wont have enough length when you lock the steering fully left,cable will hug the ignition area and will be badly pulled.Also if you put it under fairing bracket it will probably rub against its lower part.
        I tried several combos but ended up my way: over thermostat and horizontal frame member,then through bracket that holds right fairing.
        I'm pretty sure you guys use non SRAD750 triples but the narrower later GSXR one and your clipons have no rise.
        Add them up and you see what I'm talking about.

So the mp cable works OK with rised clipons and the wider SRAD750 triples.It's tight fit but it works.
        It would be nice if you told them to add 2-3 cm extra length on the next batch.This way you have more length to play and route it per your instructions.

Comment

It's for racing, not for old-man-raised clip-ons

Actually I'm thinking of a hydraulic conversion, because my old-man-girlish-weak wrist gets tired of pulling the lever after 5 hours on a twisty road in the alps...

Comment

No such things like old-men-weak-wristed-pussies-pieces of crap around here,monsieur Byrnes....
            I use raised clipons because on 1st gen the GSXR straight clipons scratch the stock fairings,not enough clearance.
            A friend of mine with Sv650 K3 had performed the hyrdaulic conversion but found out that cable offers more feel.It's very easy mod though if you don't mind butchering the sprocket cover.

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
              It's for racing, not for old-man-raised clip-ons

Actually I'm thinking of a hydraulic conversion, because my old-man-girlish-weak wrist gets tired of pulling the lever after 5 hours on a twisty road in the alps...
              You can do what an acquaintance did....break his clutch cable on his SV650 on the way up Stelvio (on the east side). Still had to ride to Arrabba that day through a bunch of mountains before we could fix it. Then your hand wouldn't be tired pulling the clutch. :P

Comment

Will SV1000 sprocket cover assembly work? If not, any suggestions for what to source a slave from?

Comment

Great information!
                  Corey Clough
                  AFM #44
                  Motion Pro, TWF Racing (of course), K&N, Galfer, CRS Tuning, CT Racing Pirelli, Dynojet, Racer Gloves USA, TWELV51 Racing, Race Image Graphics, Fastline Cycles, Cometic, Wiseco (because Bob DiFranco is such a nice guy).

If you have to say, "You know what I'm sayin'?" after everything you say, then I really don't know what you are saying.

sigpic

Comment

Love the action of the clutch with the cable you supplied Zoran, cheers man
                    Would rather work 24/7 than kiss your ass for sponsorship

Comment

Originally posted by zoran View Post
                      Here is how clutch cable http://twfracing.com/images/zparts/cable%20003bg.jpg is routed.
                      First attach cable on engine side. From there route it under carbs/tb's to right side. Go forward along inside of the frame and out through hole between frame rails and steering head. On 1st gen this is between frame and water overflow bottle. From here just turn left and connect cable to clutch perch/lever.
                      Installed mine today on my 2nd gen (thanks Zoran!). Routing question: From the clutch lever, it's going in the right side frame hole, under and between the throttle bodies, and under the thermostat, which it is touching. Is this OK? I don't know if heat or anything is an issue with these cables.

Comment

Not enough heat to really damage it other than maybe melt cable wrap little. I don't worry about it but you can always cut short piece of hose and wrap cable where it touches.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Zoran when you turn the steering full right,does the right fork tube touch the cable and pushes it inwards?

Comment

Probably on 1st gen.
                              Not on 2nd gen.

Comment

Working...
                              X